Last updated on May 11th, 2023
Click on Inventory & Assets from the Dashboard, then select View/Edit Inventory Items. The inventory list page will be shown which contains a list of your items:
The numbered items in the image above are detailed below:
1) Active/Archived Filter: This filters the list of items on the page based off their status of archived or active. Note, you can archive, or reactivate an item from the inventory edit page.
2) Search: Use this search bar to show only items that you’re looking for. You can search on a range of fields on the list, including a combination of terms from different fields, as per the example below which uses partial terms from the item code, the name and the description:
3) Add: This button allows users to add a new item directly from this page. Refer to the Create a new inventory item section for instructions on adding a new item.
4) Refresh: This button refreshes the list, but without resetting the page filters. You may want to use this button if another user has made an inventory transaction and you want to get the latest quantity on hand information from the database without losing your filters for example.
5) Actions: This button allows you to choose data import and export options. Refer to Importing and Exporting Data for details on performing these actions.
6) Filters: This button provides an option to filter the items shown in the list based on two filters, including the item’s storage location(s) and the quantities on hand:
To edit an item, simply click on the row of that item from the list. This will bring up the inventory edit page:
Refer to the following sections for details on each tab of the inventory edit page.
On this tab you can edit the general settings of the inventory item. For details on each of the fields shown on this tab please refer to the Create a new inventory item section.
Note: Some of the fields on this page me be disabled. This can include the following:
On this tab you can add one or more suppliers for the inventory item. This tab provides a manual process for adding suppliers. Note: this process can also be done in bulk, please refer to this article for details on bulk import of Supplier Catalogues.
To add a supplier manually for the item, simply click on the green Add button:
This will present the following modal:
Select or enter the appropriate information for the supplier:
To edit the information for a supplier, simply click on the row in the list and the modal will display where you can edit the information entered.
To delete this supplier from the list, please refer to the Supplier section. You will need to navigate to the supplier page, and delete the item from there.
This tab allows you to upload attachments for this inventory item. This can include any file types, however there is a limit on the size of individual attachments. To upload a file, follow these steps:
This tab enables you to see a list of all purchase orders raised for this item:
This tab allows you to adjust the quantity, and cost of the item.
To make a stock adjustment, follow these steps:
This tab shows you a list of all the stock on hand, where they are located and what their serial number is (for tracked per instance items only).
This page allows you to edit the location and the serial number of the stock on hand. To do this simply click on the edit icon as highlighted in the image above.
This tab shows a report of all the movements that have occurred for this item.
You can click on the blue text in the Adjustment Process column to show you more information on each individual movement.