Last updated on September 6th, 2023
To create an invoice, you have two navigation options:
From either method, you will You will be directed to invoice creation page:
The numbered items from the image above are described below:
1) This section “Reference” by default combines the job purchase order and job reference number from the Job Settings tab onto this field in the invoice. This is an editable field so you can add or modify this text as required.
2) “Branding Themes” allow you to select the right Xero branding theme for your invoice. To learn abut setting up Xero Branding Themes, please visit this Link.
3) The name section that shows for each item on the invoice is driven off the following setting in order:
4) The (x) icon allows you to remove a line item altogether from an invoice. This will not remove the item from the BOM page, it will simply remove the item off this particular invoice in case you want to create multiple invoices for the job.
5) “Add a new line” allows you to add an entirely new line item that wasn’t part of the actual Bill of Materials while creating a job. This is usually used for cases where you need to show the line item detail in a different format that doesn’t exactly match the BOM page.
6) “Add a new description line” allows you to add an additional text field where you may insert more details about an item or the invoice if you need to. This line will show on the invoice, but it won’t have a price attached to it.
After the invoice has been prepared, you have the following options to proceed:
After clicking “Approve” or “Save as Draft” you will be navigated to invoice page for that particular job.
To view the job invoice page, use the Job Actions button and select Invoices. This will direct you to the job invoice page.
If you have raised one or more invoices for the job, you will be able to see all the invoices and their relevant status as as detailed below:
The numbered items in the image above are described below:
Navigate to the Job Invoice page (as detailed in the section above). From this page you will have the option to email invoices directly to your customers.
From the dashboard home page, click “Invoices”, then choose “View All Invoices”. This will direct you to the Reports > Invoices page: